Friday 5 October 2012

I would first like to start out by stating that I am completely uncomfortable with public displays of affection; mine and others. I really don't know where this stems from...maybe being completely grossed out as a child watching my dad and his wife at the time kiss...I don't know but the 4.5 hour drive to Vancouver warranted ample time to ponder my many "thoughts." I caught a ride with a distant family member (in-law) which I am very thankful for, though riding in a truck definitely did not allow the appropriate amount of room for myself, him, and his new girlfriend. Maybe I have turned the corner and become a bitter old married hag or maybe it was the fart I held in all the way from Penticton clouding my perception, but if the space in that truck was any smaller in proximity; I could have quite possibly been a member of an incestial road-orgy.

I am currently sitting on the ferry waiting for it to bring me back to my beautiful island; my luck, however, has landed me directly outside the women's washroom; nothing like the smell of shit and whitespot to stir up an appetite. Filled with screaming over-tired children, teenagers (I can complain about them now because I've come to terms with being classified as "old"), poorly dressed members of society, and of course BC ferries workers. I for one, no matter how much they paid me, would never take a job here, those blue pants almost beat out Tim Hortons in the, "how many feet can we add to your ass" - pants contest. I'll pass.

On a good note, I got a raise at work, so I have now moved up from being a "below poverty line" student to a"just skimming the poverty line" student. It's amazing what $1.00 can do to a person's optimism, really. Some part of me obviously cares remotely about my job because I have decided to not publicly post what I'd like to tell them about that dollar and where a nice place for it might be. Compared to last year, atleast I'm employed.

All in all, the travel is well worth it though; I'm looking forward to seeing my family and being home for Thanksgiving; which just so happens to be my favourite holiday of the year. This is also one of the few holidays that I don't cry at, unlike Christmas and my birthday. I'm also looking forward to drinking lots of wine and............no, just drinking lots of wine.

Happy Thanksgiving All!!! May your festive celebrations be as dysfunctional as mine!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment