Friday 19 October 2012

The past two weeks have felt like I've been sliding down a slippery shit-stormed slope; the end doesn't look too promising either. I returned back to Penticton from my relaxing weekend of Thanksgiving gluttony to find the first "nugget" of shit in the form of my vehicle. My (actually its Fraser's)1994 Mazda Protege had decided to officially DIE upon my arrival home; Jesus was obviously of Fraser's side as the car was working fine while I was away. So Fraser departs the next morning for a week of hockey crap, and I am left with not only  the pleasure of a clean house (not) but my transportation options were now either the BUS or taxi. I may be cheap, but clearly not cheap enough to succumb to public transportation; instead I paid out the asshole in cab fare. OH! My favourite "highlight" of the week was waking up on my first day back to work and realizing that the toilet paper fairy had used the last roll and forgot to magically purchase more. That bitch better shape up or ship out.

On a lighter note I had sooo much fun drinking wine and vodka on my home vacation that it has given me lasting hope that Christmas is only a few short months away. I'm sure by that time I will have digested the baby-sized amount of food I ate and will most likely have sobered up by then. Also, I have had to go with a rental car for the past week and since Budget was out of economy cars, I am now driving a black Impala; I am secretly living out my dreams of being a female pimp/drug lord. It's amazing what driving a new car can do for the ego; each morning I secretly hope the Mazda has been stolen and driven to Mexico. The car depreciates my sense of self worth. Once again, the amount of complaining in this post makes me feel like slapping myself square in the face; if car troubles and over-eating are my only two problems, I deserve to be shit kicked.

One of my many "realizations" this week came quickly after visiting the dentist today. Now, usually I choose not to think about my student loan debt or the insane amount of money I have wasted on nicotine gum; but today was one of those days where I had to face the facts. I figured that unless I rob a bank or become a prostitute, I will be paying "maximum fees" until I can secure some sort of job that has DECENT benefits. You know, it's times like these that I find a soft place in my bitter heart for criminals, those that misuse the "system", and others that "give it to the man." The fear of WHAT would happen to me in prison is the only thing preventing me from becoming one of the above mentioned people. Basically, my two choices are to become homeless and invest all my money into my teeth, or, become one of those gap-toothed hobbits with dry socket and tooth decay; none of these options are enticing to say the least. Maybe I should just throw in the towel and get dentures.

The past few days have made me extremely bitter towards anything that costs money; hence why I am spending my Friday night at home eating a jar of pickled beets for dinner. I did however make it to the gym today; it is amazing how great I feel afterwards, it's the "getting there" part that is most difficult. Regardless, I will admit that my "outlook on society" is probably tampered by the fact that I stayed up until 2am lastnight watching the Hunger Games and then proceeded to contemplate how I would survive if I were "chosen." Christ. I also watched, "Seeking a friend for the end of the world;" which resulted in me trying to decided what I would do if the world was going to end. I basically decided that I would spend some of my time eating myself sick and wearing my "no sex pants" - pajama pants.

The Mazda had returned home; about as exciting as finding 2 week old dirty underwear.

















No comments:

Post a Comment